SAND (Safe Ageing No Discrimination) operates on social media to promote the values, aims and progress of SAND. These are platforms for interested parties to support or comment on SAND posts and for SAND to comment on or repost from other accounts.
SAND encourages engagement with our social media but does so on the understanding that the platforms remain safe and inviting for users.
SAND wants its followers to feel encouraged to engage with posts and for them to feel confident their views and their person will be respected. Followers must be aware that personal attacks and inappropriate comments are not tolerated or allowed.
SAND has a social media presence on Facebook and Twitter and their respective operating guidelines are adhered to.
SAND posts items considered of interest to users.
SAND’s social media pages are an interactive way of communicating with people from the LGBT+ communities, allies, supporters and other interested parties.
Views expressed are not necessarily SAND’s.
- In order to create a positive and engaging environment for users, we ask all users to treat each other with respect.
- Users may disagree with an idea, comment or post. However, they must be respectful of others at all times.
Insults, threats or harassment of other users, organisations or SAND members or representatives are prohibited.
SAND asks contributors to be respectful of others and to stay on topic.
- SAND remains at all times the moderators of SAND’s social media platforms and their decision is final when moderating posts or blocking users.
- Comments will be reviewed as necessary and from time-to-time to check they comply with the participation guidelines; if SAND consider behaviours or actions consistently do not comply, SAND will take action to moderate, restrict or ultimately block the user’s contact with the SAND communities on the platforms.
- SAND will not tolerate and reserves its right to delete – to the full extent that each respective social media platform allows – any post or comment that are: transphobic, homophobic, genderphobic, biphobic; ageist, racist, xenophobic, sexist, misogynistic, defamatory, discriminatory, indecent, hateful, inappropriate, aggressive, abusive, sexually explicit, religiously intolerant, or in other ways fuelled by hate and/or intolerance.
- As far as social media platforms allow, SAND will delete unintelligible or irrelevant posts and those which encourage or suggest illegal activity or are spam.
- Contributors must not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- Contributors must not post personal information of themselves or others such as phone numbers, places of work or residence or other personally identifying information
- Personal interests should not be promoted on SAND platforms
- All private profiles, if mentioning SAND, must at all times adhere to SAND’s terminology and values and not post anything that brings SAND into disrepute
- Engaging with inappropriate posts is neither encouraged nor advised by SAND.
- Posts that contravene the Moderating Policy may require comment but this should be discussed with SAND who will respond as required.
SAND is interested in and encourages comments, critiques, questions and suggestions but asks that contributors stay on topic, respect other people’s opinions, avoid profanity, offensive statements and illegal content.
SAND at all times reserves the right to delete or report comments, postings or statements or block users or contributors that contravene these terms, without notifying the contributor.
SAND is not always able to pre-moderate social media platforms so users must be aware that from time to time posts will be made by contributors that SAND moderators have not seen or be aware of. Anyone observing posts they believe contravene the SAND Moderating Policy should notify SAND at the earliest opportunity.
All content must comply with General Data Protection Regulations. Any breach will be reported via the internal reporting system (and to the ICO if a major breach after consultation with the GDPR leads).