We recently had our first Away Day in quite some time.
8 of us managed to make it and we covered some interesting ground, including this discussion about SAND – what it is, means to us, has done, and is doing. Here are some of the things we highlighted:
- We might not always know exactly where we are going and what will happen, but we totally trust the process.
- We – and others – have a belief that we can change things
- The passion we each feel for SAND is infectious and obvious! People seem to catch the ‘sand bug’.
- Being more inclusive is not necessarily expensive – a lot of it is about culture and attitude
- Not a service provider
- Applicable to others who might be particularly disadvantaged, a marginalised, excluded, not included
- About taking down the fences and transforming the dance
- All about building relationships – individuals and organisations
What a helpful session that was!